MohammadReza Akhoondi, an Iranian freelance photojournalist and visual storyteller, was born in 1990 in Yazd, Iran. he started his career as a photographer in 2010.
Supported by numerous Iranian photographers, mentored by Hossein Fatemi since 2013 (participated in Become Storytellers workshops, Georgia, Tbilisi, July 2018) and Ali Akbar Shirjian (2012).
He has been working as a photojournalist for various Iranian news agencies, newspapers and magazines since 2011 and is a member of the “National Iranian Photographers’ Society” since 2013 and “Iranian Photojournalists’ Association” since 2015.
He is a Co-Founder and member of “Everyday Yazd“ an Instagram base project that focused on daily life in Yazd provenience, Supported by “Everyday Everywhere“ as a part of The Everyday Projects.
- 2018: “Color“ Exhibition in Kermanshah, Iran. +
- 2018: “Close Narrative” Photo exhibition tour in several Iranian cities. Tabriz, Rasht, Bousher.
- 2017: The 24hourproject exhibition in Warsaw, Poland. February 2017.
- 2017: The 24hourproject exhibition in Wroclaw, Poland. January 2017.
- 2016: Everyday Iran, Summer Photography Exhibition at Silk Road Gallery in Tehran, Iran.
- 2016: Everyday Projects from Iran at Silk Road Gallery in Tehran, Iran.
- 2015: THE EVERYDAY PROJECTS, hosted by FotoIstanbul, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2014: “Piramoon“ (Environs), a mobile photography exhibition at Sadeghian Art Gallery, Yazd, Iran.